Chinese New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! Technically it's lunar new year since other cultures celebrate it as well. I'm making this a Chinese New Year post and the Leibster Award post because both are rather short XD





For lunch, we had tang yuan which is translated as glutinous rice balls with red bean paste AHAHAH but it's really good :3 I eat it occasionally too but it's mainly a new year's food. A lot of my favorite foods are new years food X)

 


Then for dinner we had a lot of dishes :D The funny looking things on the lower left plate (the yellow plate) are nian gao which is rice cake with this batter over it. It's another new year's dish that I loooOOOooove :D


After, we ate oranges and apples for luck and peace respectively c: We're going to eat oranges and apples today too. I've been eating so much lucky candy (new year's candy that's strawberry flavored omg *__*) that this year should be great for me XD I also got the red bags of money so I'M OFFICIALLY NOT BROKE. 


On to the Liebster Award! I got nominated by Cindy and it's an award given to bloggers with less than 200 followers so you can, like the tagline says, discover new blogs :D. The rules for the award are:

  1. Post 11 random facts about yourself
  2. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger asked you
  3. Ask 11 questions to the bloggers that you nominate
  4. Nominate 11 new bloggers that have less than 200 followers and link their blogs in your post
  5. Make sure you tell the bloggers that they've won!
I'm a little worried about nominating bloggers because I haven't gotten around to following a lot of blogs yet XD. On to the facts about myself!
  1. My name is Lisa and I'm 15.
  2. I'm from the United States.
  3. I'm Chinese.
  4. I wear glasses and contacts equally often.
  5. Out of 14 hours of my waking day, 6 is probably dedicated to iPod/computer (a little less on school days XD)
  6. I want to go to Korea or England really badly ;__;
  7. Been single since I was born.
  8. I loooove reading.
  9. And writing.
  10. And drawing.
  11. I listen to a variety of music, but my taste in music is very narrow if that makes sense. For example, I like Panic! at The Disco, The Script, Coldplay, One Direction, Ed Sheeran, Infinite, Exo, F.T. Island, and CN Blue to name a lot few.
The questions I have to answer:

1. Favorite film: This changes but I'd say right now, it's The Perks of Being a Wallflower.



2. What's on your wishlist? I haven't thought of what to put on February's Currently Coveting, but a few things would be a watercolor sketchbook, the The Perks of Being a Wallflower cause I haven't read it yet OTL.

3. Favorite game: I don't actually have one o; Unless you count neopets LOL
4. I have a lot XD Dan Brown books and Looking For Alaska.
5. Where are the places you want to travel to? Korean and England! Seoul and London in particular c:
6. Particular thing or person you're obsessed with: OMGGGGGGGGGG WHERE TO EVEN BEGIN. Enrique from Flower Boy Next Door, Korea in general, L from Infinite, and (used to be) Charlie aka Logan Lerman from Perks.
7. Passive or Aggressive? Passive because if I get angry I usually try to say something witty and leave XD Plus, aggressive means physical and I don't do exercise.
8. Favorite quote: Way too many. I have a ton on my Facebook profile under my favorite quotations, but I don't think anyone has read them >< Most of my quotes are from Skins and Sherlock XD Some that aren't though are:

“I wanted to be one of those people who have streaks to maintain, who scorch the ground with their intensity. But for now, at least I knew such people, and they needed me, just like comets need tails.” -Pudge (Paper Towns)

“There's nothing wrong with enjoying looking at the surface of the ocean itself, except that when you finally see what goes on underwater,you realize that you've been missing the whole point of the ocean. Staying on the surface all the time is like going to the circus and staring at the outside of the tent.” -Dave Barry

9. Favourite cartoon show: Don't have one XD Unless you count anime :D
10. Funniest Memory: Can't recall one right now D:
11. Favorite song: Bach's Prelude Cello Suite No. 1 .__. HAHA I don't listen to classical music usually but I'm getting into it and omg I love this piece. I think I wrote the title wrong but if you type in the keywords on Youtube, it'll show up ^^ Ooh or Hurt by Ali from Rooftop Prince OST

I tag Caline from http://cclyly.blogspot.com/, An Tran from http://amakeuploveaffair.blogspot.com/, and Sienna from http://colorloud.blogspot.com/ :D I should follow more people >.< I look forward to seeing your answers to the following questions:

1. What's your favorite drink?
2. Favorite book?
3. Favorite clothing brand?
4. Describe your style.
5. Describe your dream hair
6. What's your favorite hobby?
7. Something you really want to  buy
8. Why did you start blogging?
9. A food/dish you can make well.
10. Favorite dessert.
11. Someone you'd like to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment