Eating Healthy: Serving Size

Hey guys! When I was thinking of a title to name this post, I was going to call it 'Diet Tips' at first, but dieting is hard and these are more like tips to eat healthy. In my school's nurses' office, there's a poster that talks about serving size and how people eat more than they need. Basically, we only need 1/2 - 2/3 of what we're eating. But, the half a portion rule only applies to things that aren't good for you. Foods that fall under that category are:

  • Junk food
  • Fast food
  • Carbs
  • Other things I can't think of
  • Most things that aren't fruits and veggies

You really can't go wrong with fruits and veggies :D Even then, sometimes you only need 2/3 of the fruit you eat (if you eat a lot of fruit) because you might end up over eating.

Exhibit A: a bagel

Blueberry bagels are soooo good but they're full of carbs. That's why, you cut it in half and save the other half for tomorrow c: I used to bring a bagel to school for lunch but my energy goes really fast. Carbs are good for you but simple and refined carbs aren't. Another option is to switch to whole wheat/grain bagels but I don't like whole grain :D



Cream cheese is also fattening so cutting the bagel in half cuts cream cheese intake in half too. If you wanna use even less, only butter (even though you're not using butter) one of the bagel halves.


However, half a bagel isn't that filling so eat more fruit to make up for it! This is actually what I ate for breakfast XD Usually, I would have chocolate milk, half a bagel + cream cheese, a banana, and a cutie orange. Or any two fruits. Since my family eats white rice (a refined carb), I try to eat less rice and more veggies so I'm still full, but I'm eating less carbs. I'm not sure if I'v lost weight from this but now I don't gain weight really easily and lose it not so easily. My weight stays around the same range ^^. 

Try this out and tell me how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment