Serving Size: 1 Vegan Blueberry Muffin

I really like to bake but my mom gets angry when I spend too much time ;__; So, I thought, what if I just made one serving size? I could eat it after it's done baking and the preparation time would be a lot shorter. Plus I can soothe my cravings whenever I want

I watched a youtube video on making vegan muffins last night and my mom had also been nagging me about finishing the rest of the blueberries so...


I made a muffin. A muffin. Just one (for me).


1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together (all the dry ingredients).



2. In another bowl, mix vegetable oil, water, and milk together (all the wet ingredients).


3. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.


4. Add a couple of blueberries. Side note: I used 1 teaspoon water and 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil as my egg replacement, but there is obviously too much oil (I poured it into a separate bowl). That's why in the recipe it only says 1 teaspoon water.


5. Put the muffin batter into a small oven safe bowl and bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. 




I put too much oil so the muffin was a little too moist (still good though!). The first time I tried this, which was last night, I forgot to add an egg replacement and it turned out as a slightly moist scone, but still dry for a muffin. When I make the muffin again with the proper amount of water+oil as an egg replacement, I'll update the recipe c:

Ingredients:


  • 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • a pinch of salt
  • 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon water
  • 2 teaspoons milk
  • 2 spoonful blueberries
Directions:

1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together (all the dry ingredients).
2. In another bowl, mix vegetable oil, water, and milk together (all the wet ingredients).
3. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
4. Fold in the blueberries.
5. Put the muffin batter into a small oven safe bowl and bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. 
6. Let the muffin cool and enjoy.

7 comments:

  1. That individual vegan blueberry muffin is so cute. I bet my new roommate would love this recipe. She loves baking a lot!

    Take Care,
    Sandy

    P.S. Please check my blog
    http://ihope-diversebeauty.blogspot.com/

    Bloglovin:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/ihopediversebeauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, that looks so yummy! I'm not really good at baking though...even though this is a fairly simply recipe, I think it would take me awhile to make haha I am quite challenged when it comes to cooking & baking

    ~Angee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you for the recipe / tutorial! I loveeeee blueberry muffins but I never bake at home.

    Louise | Vanity Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea, I can never finish sweets. Thanks for sharing, lovely blog as well. Would love it if we could keep in contact and perhaps follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin'? Please feel free to check out my blog and let me know if you'd like to on there.

    x
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. haven't made this in a while ^^ love it!
    http://memorable-days.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks so delicious!! I love blueberry muffins and this one just looks healthier too!

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete