Bagels

I get my SAT scores back today >.< Anyway, here's a quick food post for you guys because who doesn't like bagels? They're carb filled yet oh so yummy. Only requires five ingredients and best eaten while hot. I tried this really easy recipe from Sophisticated Gourmet and it's fool proof. I recommend eating the bagels within a few days after they're baked, which shouldn't be hard. Recipe is at the end c: Warning: Picture heavy



Letting the yeast mixture sit in a cup of warm water, then pouring it in the middle of the flour mixture.


Mixing...




Almost done!


Lightly oil the bowl and over it with a damp towel for an hour. Punch the dough down and leave it for 10 minutes.


Separate the dough into eight equal pieces and make bagel shapes. Cover it with a damp towel and leave it there for 10 minutes.


After boiling the bagels (1 minutes, 2 minutes if you want a chewier, New York style bagel), put them on a cookie sheet and put it in the oven!



I used a ladle to scoop the bagels out; that's why there are weird indentations ;__;


Going in the oven


And done :D Tell me if you try this recipe out! I recommend eating them all within the first hour day because that's when they are the freshest. Share them with family and friends! 

1 comment:

  1. Amazing post! :)
    I'd like to invite you to my VERY FIRST INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY. The rules are really simple, and the gift is a voucher for shopping... You choose what, so please join! :) I expect you. Good luck xx
    http://tinasstylesinners.blogspot.com/2013/11/international-christmas-giveaway-gift.html
    xo, Tina

    ReplyDelete