Sephora Beauty Insider Birthday Gift: Makeup Forever

It's that time of the year! I picked up my Sephora Beauty Insider Birthday Gift last week because my birthday is on the 19th (10 more days until my birthday!). Since my birthday is in the beginning of the year, I thought I would do an "unboxing" with a little review so you all know what to expect.



In case you didn't know, if you're a Beauty Insider, which is free to sign up for, you can get a free little birthday goodie from Sephora during your birthday month. I would recommend signing up if you haven't already! I reviewed last year's Beauty Insider Gift here.


A little message on the back


Inside the box was a travel sized mascara and lipstick. I didn't want to open the mascara yet since I'm still using Benefit's They're Real! Mascara from last year :D I don't wear makeup very often and when I do, I just wear mascara, bb cream, and a lip tint. When I use the Makeup Forever mascara, I'll be sure to review it!

You can also see how small the mascara and lipstick are compared to my iPod. I don't know why but the lipstick starts so low. You can't really see in the picture but there's a lot of space between where the lipstick ends and where the rim starts. There could've been at least 1/3 more product ಠ_ರೃ



There could've been more product ;;
As you can see, there isn't a lot of product but the lipstick is travel sized so it's understandable. I'd say the lipstick is about the size of my pinky but I have pretty small pinkies :o The actual lipstick bullet (is that what it's called?) is a little less than an inch. The mascara is a little longer than my middle finger.

The lipstick is a very natural color. It's a "my lips but better" color and since my lips are almost exactly this color already, it just smooths out my lips. It also has a good staying power since the swatch stayed on my wrist for a while despite my sleeve rubbing against it. It's moisturizing but the slightly glossy finish might disappear after eating. After showering, I could still see a the swatch although it was slightly lighter, so it tints your lips. The smell of the lipstick is kind of off putting though; it smells very perfume, artificial lipstick-y so if you dislike scented products,  this might be a bit annoying. However, you can keep the mascara and gift the lipstick to a friend since the natural color will fit everyone.
Bottom: one swipe Top: three swipes
Are you guys going to pick up the Beauty Insider gift? Am I the only one who thinks there is a lipstick is a scent? XD

No comments:

Post a Comment