Lemon Crinkle Cookies


I love any kind of cookie/cake/pastry that is lemon flavored. Lemon poundcake, lemon macaron, you name it. So, when I found a recipe for Lemon Crinkle Cookies, it was too good to pass up. I actually attempted this recipe before but it didn't turn out that well. I have a history of making cookies look more like zen stones than chewy cookies (though the taste is fine XD).

I found this recipe online and I thought I would give it a try :D


The recipe calls for lemon zest and as I do not have a zester or grater, I had to shave the lemon (peel thin layers of the skin) and chop up the skin into small pieces. It was tedious .__.


After mixing the wet and dry ingredients together, I coated the cookies in sugar (you're supposed to use powdered sugar but I only had normal sugar) and baked them for 10 minutes!



Because they're crinkle cookies, there are "cracks" on the cookies and there's a really yummy outer layer since the cookies were rolled in sugar. Next time I make this, I'm going to use powdered sugar and see if it makes it even better ^^ 


It looks so good *___*


We have a lemon tree in our backyard and there are only 2 lemons at the moment which is why both lemons are the size of grapefruits o.o I guess instead of having many normal sized lemons, the tree just put all it's energy into growing 2 big ones. This recipe is super easy and perfect with a cup of tea ^^ The lemon taste wasn't very strong so next time I'm going to add more zest :D Let me know if you try it! I'm hoping to make macarons next (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

Ingredients:
1/2 cups butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar to roll cookies in (granulated sugar also works)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the baking sheets with wax or parchment paper and set aside.

In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Then, stir in all dry ingredients until combined, excluding the powdered sugar. Pour powdered sugar onto a plate and roll a teaspoon of dough at a time in the powdered sugar until completely covered. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining cookie dough. 

Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to look golden and cookies look matte (instead of shiny). Remove from oven and cool cookies before enjoying.

Recipe adapted from Wit and Whistle 

No comments:

Post a Comment