Aliexpress Review #2: Banana Print Dress

Happy November everyone! I hope Halloween was fun for all of you ^_^ Even though it's autumn (it finally rained last night!), I'm going to review this cute summery dress for because it's always summery where I live LOL.

I ordered the dress from Aliexpress (check out another Aliexpress review here) and it came within 2 weeks. Keep reading to see what I thought about it (ノ^∇^)

Stock pictures
Stock pictures

My picture looks pretty similar to the stock picture right? That's a good sign~

It's from a random Chinese brand who's name I can't even read. That's usually the case when buying from Ebay/Aliexpress/Chinese wholesale but I don't mind as long as the quality is decent. However, I would avoid buying undergarments or jeans from those places because there's always a weird factory/chemical smell from the products (that goes away with wash) and the quality of denim could be questionable.


The dress had a weird smell when I first took it out of the packaging, which was a bag, but after washing it, the smell went away.

I also prefer wearing the dress without the first button buttoned because it looks a little weird when it's buttoned all the way up. It doesn't sit quite right but it's not a big problem. The only other thing is that the hemming on the bottom has started to unravel after so many washes but I feel like that's something that could happen to anything of Forever 21 quality. It's not noticeable though (=^・ω・^)y

Some times the buttons will unbutton when I'm wearing a backpack because the straps tug at the dress but other than that, I love this dress! I got it for ~$12 and it's definitely worth it 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜) The cotton isn't scratchy and it's not very sheer although I would recommend wearing nude underwear just to be safe. It'll show a colored/white bra but not colored shorts (since I wear shorts under all my dresses).


I will say though, if you're taller than 5'5'', the dress may be too short on you! It's 79 cm from collar to hem.

All in all I definitely recommend this dress! After wearing it to school, banana prints have become my thing which is pretty cool ^_^ Unfortunately, I no longer have the link to this product but if you look up "banana print dress" on Aliexpress,  I'm sure it'll turn up :) Btw follow me on instagram @thepigs if you're interested in seeing more OOTDs (*≧▽≦)

What do you think about this dress? Is anyone doing NaNoWriMo? (I am!)

No comments:

Post a Comment